DRUNKEN PEPPER HOLIDAY MEATBALLS
Make this recipe and your guests will be smacking their lips!
You can purchase2 lbs. of prepared meatballs or use recipe below:
• 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (a mixture of 1 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound ground pork will work well also)
• 1 large egg, slightly beaten
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (or use enough to hold the meat together (no dry breadcrumbs? just soak 3 slices of bread (no crust) in water squeeze out and add to mixture)
• 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic(or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste)
• 1 -2 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use 2 teaspoons seasoned salt)
•1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 1/3 cup milk (can use up to 1/2 cup milk)
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional, or to taste)
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried parsley)
1 9 oz jar Drunken Pepper jam
1 (6 ounce) jar chili sauce (I use Heinz Chili Sauce)
1/2 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Shape into small meatballs (at this point you can place on a jelly-roll/baking sheet and freeze to use later, or cover with plastic wrap refrigerate up to 24 hours before using).
Bake meatballs at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool
While baking – make the sauce ( you can use a crock pot to keep it warm for guests)
Mix sauce ingredients together and add meatballs *
Lil Smokies can be used instead of meatballs