HATCHANERO HEAT CHILI
• 1/2 pound bacon
• 1 pound ground round
• 1 pound ground pork
• 1 green bell pepper, diced
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 1 8 oz jar Hatchanero Heat
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 3 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
• 1 (28 ounce) can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
• 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, drained
• 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
• 3 ounces tomato paste
• 1 ounce chile paste
• 2 cups beef broth or water
In medium bowl, combine goat cheese and Holiday Heat. Stir to blend and refrigerate until ready to use.Place bacon in a large soup pot. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess grease, leaving enough to coat bottom of pot Remove bacon, drain on paper towels and chop.
Brown beef and pork in pot over medium high heat. When meat is browned, stir in the bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, bouillon. Cook until veggies are limp. Add Hatchanero Heat, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, chile paste and broth.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and bacon and continue simmering for another 30 minutes.